Thursday, April 4, 2013

Are we even still using this thing?????

I know, I just get you all looking at this and then I don't update it!  I am trying to get back on track so we can stay on top of everything, especially as we move into the crazy end of the year stuff.

Okay, here is an update from the department chair meeting today.

  1. The master schedule is currently in the process of being finalized.  
  2. There are numerous courses that will be offered for 'dual enrollment' next year.  This means that students will attend class here at CFHS but earn a college credit through an area university.  There are numerous core classes that are working on this and I am trying to get Music Theory 2 to get in on the action through Kent State.  Paperwork is on going at this time, but I am hopeful that this will happen for next school year.
  3. We briefly discussed the reality of the move from a comprehensive high school to an academy based model.  Anne spoke briefly about the fact that this is a 'done deal'.  We have a contract with Ed Works to facilitate the transition to this model and we are absolutely moving in this direction.  What this will look like and what the details of the academies will be are uncertain at this time.  Stay tuned for more information as it continues to become available. 
  4. The transition to the academy model is having implications at the middle school level.  There is currently a great deal of discussion about the possibility and reality of offering high school credit to students in the middle school that are ready for that level of instruction.  The concern is over how those students would continue to fit electives in their schedule.  Again, I do not have many more details about this and will continue to share what I know.
  5. Anne is planning ahead for next year and Early Release Wednesdays.  She has asked that we inquire in our department about any suggestions any one has for this time next year.
  6. Anne feels like our building is in good shape for OTES next year.  She continues to encourage all of us to keep up this work to ensure next year goes as smoothly as possible.
That's all I got . . . . . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment