Thursday, October 10, 2013

Bits and Pieces for the Week

Good morning!

There was no department chair meeting this week, so I just have a few items to forward to you.

  • I have spoken with Alli about the field trip situation in our department.  At this time, the plan is to do what we have always done.  This means the district will continue to support our performances at venues outside of the district.  However, we need to maintain the number of performances we have historically committed to.  For example, if M&Ms have always gone to three competitions, they can continue to go to three competitions.  They don't necessarily need to be the same three as last year, but don't increase the number of performances.  If you have any questions about this, please come and see me so we can be certain of the policies for the year.
  • At this time, there is a plan to have the high school used as a polling place for election day in November.  This plan includes using the back hallway as the location for voting.  If this does occur, we will need to accommodate this event as best as possible.  I emphasize we are still in the planning phases of this, so I will keep you posted.   
  • The last two Wednesdays in October are being planned as department meeting dates.  I will be meeting with Mike Miller in the next week or so to set the agenda for these meetings as well as the goals for our department for this school year.  Stay tuned for more details on that in the coming weeks.
As always, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.  You know where to find me. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment