Saturday, October 13, 2012

Department Chair Meeting Update


Hi guys!

Here is the update from the department chair meeting last Thursday (Oct. 11).
  • During Early Release Wednesday next week, we will be meeting as a full staff in the library.  Ellen Allerton will be giving us information on some technology issues (I believe that this may be related to the surveys that we completed) and then we will be breaking up by department.  Ellen will be working with us and PE in the library during the remainder of that time.
  • You may or may not remember that Dr. Nichols is requiring all teachers in the entire district to complete one web-based project with our students a minimum of one time each semester.  The work that we do on Wednesday will be related to this goal and Ellen will be sharing some resources with us to assist in completing this task.  
  • Anne needs to receive any updates/changes to the Course of Study by the end of the grading period.  (This is the document that contains brief statements/requirements for every course at the high school.)  Jesse, you mentioned to me that you had some changes ready to go - can you email that to me?  Additionally, I will email you guys the band stuff so that you can look it over.  Again, we will need to discuss any changes and get that together so I can submit everything on time.
Additionally, I am still waiting to hear back from Teaching & Learning about the Wednesday after school time and the possibility of meeting with those folks to check in on our progress with the curriculum issues.  I will follow up on this early next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment